Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Finally...

So on Tuesday morning I told David I was done thinking about sailing until spring because the weather just isn't cooperating and I'm tired of being disappointed.  He said that was too bad because tomorrow (Wednesday) there is going to be a break in the cloud for a day and more importantly, some decent wind.  A quick look at the marine forecast confirmed this so we both booked off work for the day and planned for a day of sailing.  I assured my boss that this would be the ticket for getting my mind off the sailboat and back on work.  He looked over at the 5ft high nautical map of the inside passage that I bought for my office wall and said "uh huh..."

The plan is to get an early start and sail at least as far as Snug Cove on Bowen Island for a pub lunch.  A more ambitious plan is to sail to Gibsons and have lunch at Smitty's Oyster Bar, a cousin of my favourite haunt in Vancouver, Rodney's Oyster House.  We shall see how the day unfolds....


No comments: