Thursday, August 22, 2013

Next Stop - Desolation Sound

It's been a relatively busy summer between sailing and other vacation activities but David and I wanted to make sure we got one truly epic sail in before September arrives and our attentions turn fully back to the office.  So tomorrow we set sail for Desolation Sound.  Many cruisers would not consider this destination to be in the "epic" category but it represents our longest journey to date.

This week is my only week in the office for the month of August so unfortunately our planning has been frustrated by the need to earn a living.  Fortunately I have a 6ft high nautical map of Georgia Strait pinned to the wall in my office so we can typically grab a few moments here and there to debate our route.  Perhaps telling is the fact that our conversations are dominated by talk of provisions (how many times is it reasonable to eat bacon and eggs in 5 days?) and choosing which marinas to stop at along the way.

I started to prepare a picture of our route with the various waypoints mapped out but I realized I couldn't do that because we haven't figured it out yet.  So this is it for now...

No comments: