Friday, April 12, 2013

Landlubber Blues

It's Friday morning and over my coffee I'm pondering my second consecutive weekend - and second consecutive week - of no sailing.  There is a window of opportunity tomorrow but after Easter weekend I'm no longer quite as stoked to go out in marginal weather.  The forecast is calling for rain with sunny breaks in the afternoon and a high of 10 degrees or so.  Even if I was up for it, David has bowed out due to illness and the weather definitely won't meet Brenda's minimum standards.

I've even run out of stupid questions to ask on the sailing forum, and people have long since finished answering the ones I asked a while ago.  So here I sit, Googling obscure sailing terms and eyeing the boats out my window in False Creek.  I suppose for a while longer I'll have to be satisfied reading about other people's adventures.  Here's a couple of examples:

Cruising Lealea:  A retired couple cruises between the west coast and Hawaii on a 27 ft sailboat
http://www.youtube.com/user/vega1860/videos?flow=grid&view=1

Another blog about sailing to Hawaii
http://macsinvan.blogspot.ca

No comments: